Monday, August 15, 2022

Happy to Hear Rose of Tralee from the Kelly's


The Kelly Family - Rose of Tralee & Clavelitos (Zum doppelten Engel SRF 09.06.1979)
14 Aug. 2022 | WeGotKellyLove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_EFSZYi3d4


1979, they sing Rose of Tralee - seven years later, 1986, I get to go to Tralee. I took the latest night train from Dublin, which was going to Tralee, I was hoping (Irishmen will laugh) to get to Tralee in the morning. I arrived at midnight and was taken into the kitchen of a couple coming home from the bar. After Tralee I go to Killarney, where I buy a boyscout rosary and a booklet about the Rosary and somewhat later, in Salzburg, Elisabeth-Kirche while waiting for Das Gauklermärchen on Elisabeth-Bühne, I pray my first rosary.

The other song, Clavelitos, highlights my competence and incompetence in Spanish : "clavelitos de mi corazón" means "little keys to my heart" but apart from "poquito" I could not make out much of the verses. I probably could if I saw it written.

While my Classic Music owes much in the form (Sonata form etc) to - music theory of Classic music - its melodic and rhythmic choices probably owe some things to Cowboy songs, Irish songs, Spanish songs or more often Latin American ones, German and Swedish folk music (a very failed song of mine, the melody of which I relegated posthumously to guitar accompaniment, with sung melody to be improvised, was an inversion of "summ, summ, summ, Bienchen summ herum, ei wir tun dir nichts zuleide, flieg nur raus in Wald und Heide, summ, summ, summ, Bienchen summ herum" ...). That and some Church music of Swedish Church, Salvation Army and Catholic Diocese of Stockholm by far outnumbered the complete scores I could read in Classic music - while Die Forellquintette was certainly one of them .../HGL

No comments: