Friday, November 14, 2008

Bouzouki, 11-12 February 2008

Bouzouki, Ordinary notation, 11 February 2008













Bouzouki, 12 Febr. 2008, tablature - after the fingering system shown in http://www.bouzouki-musik.de/











It seems the D minor chord repeated should be a D major chord. Consequently, in ordinary notation there should be an F sharp, in tablature it should be from above to below: 0012 rather than 0002. The Hitzaz scale is new to me, I am just learning how to compose in it, and it was updated after the composition was written.

3 comments:

Old Fashioned Liberal said...

Do you frequently compose in ways that are so new that they are still changing?

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Composing in Hitzaz scale is not new.

The site where I found it (bouzouki.de) is.

And that scale was new to me.

I do use western tonality (including mediaeval modal tones) often, and I have not yet done much in the Greek, the Spanish or the Hungarian Gipsy scales.

As indeed my time signatures are more often (as yet) C (4/4), C with bar (2/2, alla breve), 3/4, 2/4, 6/8 or 3/2 than anything else like involving 5 or 7 or divisions of 8 into 3+3+2 each bar.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Back to Guitar, Piano, Lute, Bouzouki page.